How can I reach Silvassa?
Table of Contents
- How can I reach Silvassa?
- How can I reach Thane?
- What is the climate of Silvassa?
- Is Thane and Mumbai different?
- Is Thane a good place to live?
- Why is Silvassa famous?
- How long is the drive from Silvassa to Thane?
- How to travel from Mumbai to Silvassa without a car?
- Which is the best place to visit in Silvassa?
- Which is the oldest church in Silvassa Portugal?
How can I reach Silvassa?
HOW TO REACH SILVASSA
- By Air. The nearest airport is at Diu seven km away. Daily flights connect Mumbai and Porbandar. ...
- By Train. Vapi is the nearest railway station at a distance of 17 km. ...
- By Road. The convenient way to reach Silvassa is through Western express highway also known as NH8.
How can I reach Thane?
How to Reach
- By Road. Thane is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular buses. Public-sector transport is provided by Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC). ...
- By Train. Thane can be easily reached from any part of the country via rail. ...
- By Air. Thane does not have an airport of its own.
What is the climate of Silvassa?
In Silvassa, the wet season is oppressive, windy, and overcast; the dry season is humid and mostly clear; and it is hot year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 63°F to 96°F and is rarely below 56°F or above 101°F.
Is Thane and Mumbai different?
Thane was the next Major British Police Check Post after Mumbai (formerly Bombay). The name Thane has been variously Romanised as Tana, Thana, Thâṇâ, and Thane. ... Before 1996, the city was called 'Thana', the British spelling of the city, until it was replaced with the more-local name.
Is Thane a good place to live?
Thane is a great place to live and also visit. ... Eastern Express Highway - one of the well maintained highway in India connects Mumbai to various cities via Thane that makes it easier to travel to good places in and around Thane west. Accommodation's are less expensive compared to that of in Metro cities.
Why is Silvassa famous?
A former Portuguese colony, Silvassa is known for its scenic beauty, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and facilities for water sports. ... Silvassa is also famous for the lion safari at the Vasona park, located 10 km from Silvassa. Deer parks at Khanvel and Satmaliya are other wildlife attractions.
How long is the drive from Silvassa to Thane?
Thane Silvassa distance. Thane to Silvassa distance is 127 KM. Thane to Silvassa travel time is 2 hours and 7 minutes.
How to travel from Mumbai to Silvassa without a car?
The distance between Mumbai and Silvassa is 142 km. The road distance is 170.
Which is the best place to visit in Silvassa?
Silvassa, a former Portuguese colony, is known for its picturesque settings, exotic sceneries, and dense forests. Nestled amidst the hills of the Western Ghats, and surrounded by lush greenery, Silvassa is known for its breathtaking boulevards and fascinating culture.
Which is the oldest church in Silvassa Portugal?
Constructed by the Portuguese in the Late 18th century, the Church of Our Lady of Piety is one of the oldest standing buildings in Silvassa. Its interior and outer arches have been skilfully and intricately embellished, and form an important part of the church.