What fruits are high in vitamin K?
Table of Contents
- What fruits are high in vitamin K?
- What fruits are low in vitamin K?
- Does carrots have vitamin K?
- Are eggs high in vitamin K?
- Is chicken high in vitamin K?
- Are tomatoes high in vitamin K?
- Is zucchini high or low in vitamin K?
- Are cucumbers high in vitamin K?
- What vegetable is highest in vitamin K?
- Do cucumbers have vitamin K?
- What kind of Apple has the most vitamin K?
- What foods to eat to get vitamin K?
- Why are fruits and vegetables high in vitamin K?
- Are there any vitamins or minerals in apples?
What fruits are high in vitamin K?
10 Fruits High in Vitamin K
- Prunes — 24% DV per serving. 5 pieces: 28 mcg (24% DV) ...
- Kiwi — 23% DV per serving. ...
- Avocado — 18% DV per serving. ...
- Blackberries — 12% DV per serving. ...
- Blueberries — 12% DV per serving. ...
- Pomegranate — 12% DV per serving. ...
- Figs (dried) — 6% DV per serving. ...
- Tomatoes (sun-dried) — 4% DV per serving.
What fruits are low in vitamin K?
Some vegetables and fruits low in vitamin K include:
- Sweet corn.
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Cucumbers (raw)
Does carrots have vitamin K?
Three-quarters of a cup of carrot juice gives you a quick serving of vitamin K -- about 28 micrograms.
Are eggs high in vitamin K?
Vitamin K is found in the following foods: Green leafy vegetables, such as kale, spinach, turnip greens, collards, Swiss chard, mustard greens, parsley, romaine, and green leaf lettuce. Vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. Fish, liver, meat, eggs, and cereals (contain smaller amounts ...
Is chicken high in vitamin K?
If you're not a fan of organ meats like liver, turn to chicken for your vitamin K2. With 10 micrograms per 100-gram serving, chicken has five to 10 times the vitamin K2 content of beef or pork.
Are tomatoes high in vitamin K?
Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin K which is necessary for blood clotting and wound healing, with 100g of tomatoes containing 6 mcg of vitamin K. There is also increasing evidence that vitamin K may be of benefit in bone and cardiovascular health too.
Is zucchini high or low in vitamin K?
The most well-researched include: Bone health. Zucchini is rich in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, as well as vitamin K and magnesium, all of which can help strengthen bones ( 39 , 40 ).
Are cucumbers high in vitamin K?
Cucumber is relatively high in vitamin K. Eating too much cucumber could affect how a person's blood clots.
What vegetable is highest in vitamin K?
The most common foods that have high vitamin K are green leafy vegetables such as kale, collard greens, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and lettuce. Other foods that could affect warfarin may include beef liver or other animal liver products.
Do cucumbers have vitamin K?
Vitamin K helps with blood clotting, and it may support bone health. A 142-gram (g) cup of chopped, unpeeled, raw cucumber provides 10.
What kind of Apple has the most vitamin K?
Top three an apple products high in vitamin k 1 Apples, raw, with skin : 2.
What foods to eat to get vitamin K?
Another way is to eat foods that contain about the same amount of Vitamin K each day. So if you are going to have Granny Smith apples one day you could have broccoli the next and then spinach. There is extensive information on the Dr. Gourmet website about the Vitamin K content of foods to help guide you.
Why are fruits and vegetables high in vitamin K?
Fruits and Vegetables High in Vitamin K. Vitamin K is essential for the body in different ways. Vitamin K is best known as the vitamin that helps to form blood clots and prevent excessive bleeding.
Are there any vitamins or minerals in apples?
Vitamin E is found in smaller amounts in apples compared to these other vitamins. However, this vitamin does contribute to healthier skin and a stronger immune system. Besides vitamins, apples are filled with lots of healthy nutrients. Here are some of the other nutritional benefits you get from eating apples: