How do you get the 1/3 symbol in Word?

How do you get the 1/3 symbol in Word?

How do you get the 1/3 symbol in Word?

Place the cursor on the document where you would like to insert a fraction. Select "Insert" from the menu....But others do not (1/3, 2/3, 1/5, etc.).

  1. To switch to a fraction character, click Insert > Symbols > More Symbols.
  2. In the Subset drop-down list, click Number Forms and select a fraction.
  3. Click Insert > Close.

How do you get thirds on the keyboard?

I know that by pressing Alt>0189 I get ½ symbol. How do I get thirds, like 1/3 without pressing the number 1, then /, then 3 as I just had to do. Is there a combination of keyboard button and numbers that make 1/3, 2/3, 1/8, 1/16 ect?

How to get word to do that for 1 / 3 automatically?

I am typing out recipes and often the measurement 1/2, 1/4 and 1/3 comes up when I type in 1/2 and 1/4 it makes it word create a smaller fraction format. How do I get it do that for 1/3 automatically or is there a symbol I can insert for it?

Is there a way to type a fraction on the keyboard?

Below are some available fraction symbol Alt codes that you can use on your keyboard. Even though these Symbols have no dedicated keys on the keyboard, you can still type them on the keyboard with the Alt code method. To do this, press and hold the Alt key whilst pressing the Fraction Alt code stated above, using the numeric keypad.

Which is correct one third or one third of the spelling?

One-third The spelling with the hyphen is the correct one according to the dictionaries I've checked. However you will find plenty versions without the "-" if you google it, but that doesn't mean it is correct. Hopefully a teacher can give you more information.

Related Posts: