How do you uncomment text?
Table of Contents
- How do you uncomment text?
- How do I uncomment in Notepad ++ HTML?
- How do you uncomment blocks in Notepad ++?
- How do I uncomment a properties file?
- How do you write notes in HTML?
- What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
- Is there a shortcut to uncomment comments in Notepad?
- How to comment out multiple lines at once in Notepad + +?
- Why are comments not working in Notepad + +?
- Which is the shortcut to delete a line on a notepad?
How do you uncomment text?
The "Uncomment" command corresponds to the Uncomment entry in the Advanced submenu of the Edit Menu . It may be called by using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+K". Its action is to remove the two dashes in front of each selected line if there are such characters.
How do I uncomment in Notepad ++ HTML?
Ctrl + K Block comment. Ctrl + Shift + K Block uncomment. Ctrl + Shift + Q Stream comment.
How do you uncomment blocks in Notepad ++?
New Keyboard Shortcut to Uncomment Out Block of Code ctrl+shift+k should do the job.
How do I uncomment a properties file?
For example, in Microsoft Windows you can access the properties of a file by right-clicking the file name and selecting Properties. The Short Answer You can “uncomment a line” in a configuration file by removing the # at the start of the line. Or, to “comment out” a line, add a # character to the start of the line.
How do you write notes in HTML?
HTML comment Tag: Main Tips
- The is an HTML comment tag.
- To comment out in HTML, insert information between tags (browsers won't show these notes).
- Commenting in HTML allows developers to leave notes about their code, its functionality or to indicate necessary changes for the future.
What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
Here are the few shortcuts to comment code, which works great on Windows.
- Ctrl-/ to add or remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-/ to add/remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-shift-/ to add /* */ around selected code.
Is there a shortcut to uncomment comments in Notepad?
Some hotkeys regarding comments: Source: shortcutworld.com from the Comment / uncomment section. On the link you will find many other useful shortcuts too. for .sql files Ctrl + K or Ctrl + Q does not work. to insert comments in .sql files in Notepad++ try Ctrl + Shift + Q (there is no shortcut to uncomment the code block though.
How to comment out multiple lines at once in Notepad + +?
Also CTRL+K works well in Notepad++ to comment. If you had existing comments in a long block you are commenting, CTRL+Q will uncomment your actual comments, where CTRL+K just add another level of // in front. CTRL+SHIFT+K removes a single line comment from the selection.
Why are comments not working in Notepad + +?
Note that in order for it to work, you MUST specify the (programming) Language for the code. Also, if you copypaste a piece of code to a new file without specifying the language manually - or - it contains a mix of languages (eg. inline SQL in Python code), the block comment/uncomment will not work. – Juha Untinen Apr 22 '16 at 6:50
Which is the shortcut to delete a line on a notepad?
so CTRL+L deletes the line and CTRL+SHIFT+L cuts the line. To do it, Open Settings > Shortcut Mapper > Scintilla commands, then on around Line 90, set SCI_LINEDELETE to Ctrl+L and then set SCI_LINECUT to Ctrl+Shift+L. This makes more sense to me. Thx.