Which oil is best for stretch marks?
Table of Contents
- Which oil is best for stretch marks?
- Is coconut oil good for pregnant belly?
- What oils prevent stretch marks?
- How do I permanently prevent stretch marks?
- Is coconut bad for pregnancy?
- Is coconut oil bad for pregnancy?
- When do most stretch marks occur in pregnancy?
- What kind of coconut oil to use for stretch marks?
- How to get rid of stretch marks during pregnancy?
- What can I do about Stretch marks on my face?
- What does coconut oil do to your skin?
Which oil is best for stretch marks?
Some of the best choices for stretch marks include:
- Argan oil. Argan essential oil is a popular natural product for skin and hair care. ...
- Bitter almond oil. ...
- Bitter orange oil. ...
- Lavender oil. ...
- Neroli oil. ...
- Patchouli oil. ...
- Pomegranate oil. ...
- Frankincense essential oil.
Is coconut oil good for pregnant belly?
Coconut oil also helps relieve morning sickness, heartburn and constipation (three icky side effects of pregnancy). Other women swear the super-moisturizing oil even prevents stretch marks when it's rubbed on the belly on a regular basis.
What oils prevent stretch marks?
Argan oil Argan oil is made from argan tree kernels. It's one of the newer skin care oils on the block. According to a small 2016 study , argan oil helps increase skin's elasticity. Researchers believe it may help prevent or reduce stretch marks.
How do I permanently prevent stretch marks?
- Control your weight. One of the most helpful things you can do to prevent stretch marks, whether you're pregnant or not, is to maintain a healthy weight. ...
- Stay hydrated. ...
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet. ...
- Include vitamin C in your diet. ...
- Soak up some vitamin D. ...
- Eat foods rich in zinc. ...
- Treat fresh stretch marks when they appear.
Is coconut bad for pregnancy?
Coconut contains healthy fats, which are needed during pregnancy. Coconut also contains lauric acid which helps in milk production and is super helpful during lactation! You can choose to have coconut shredded, roasted, or even added to your desserts or meals.
Is coconut oil bad for pregnancy?
Coconut oil is a great superfood for pregnant women. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that can help prevent cold, flu and other viruses.
When do most stretch marks occur in pregnancy?
What trimester do pregnant women develop stretch marks? You'll most likely start to notice stretch marks on your stomach (and elsewhere) around the end of the second trimester into the beginning of the third trimester, when you're between 6 and 7 months pregnant. That said, they do sometimes appear sooner.
What kind of coconut oil to use for stretch marks?
You can also use cocoa butter, olive oil, avocado oil, Shea butter, and emu oil if coconut oil is not available. For better effects, create oil blends by combining different essential oils. Mix some cocoa butter, coconut oil, and Shea butter and melt it in a double boiler.
How to get rid of stretch marks during pregnancy?
In fact, the use of coconut oil will help soothe, heal, moisturize, and clarify your skin during pregnancy. If you have already acquired those unsightly stretch marks, you can slather warm extra virgin coconut oil on those marks before going to bed to reduce their appearance. Massage gently to ensure it penetrates deep into your skin.
What can I do about Stretch marks on my face?
That’s why stretch marks appear red or purple, and sometimes look slightly raised. Dry skin is less elastic and more likely to tear than nourished, hydrated skin. Keeping skin moisturized may help eliminate or reduce the occurrence of stretch marks. Coconut oil can help keep skin hydrated and supple.
What does coconut oil do to your skin?
It has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Coconut oil absorbs easily into skin, where it may prevent free radical damage. It may also improve the quality and overall appearance of dry, damaged skin.